About the Firm
Dedicated California Attorney Helps Protect Families in San Diego County and Riverside County Residents
Experienced estate planning guidance that protects your legacy and loved ones
No matter the size of your estate, it’s never too early or too late to create an estate plan. At Gilliland Law, with offices in Carlsbad and Riverside, I help California residents draft comprehensive estate plans, securing their assets and protecting their loved ones. A will is the cornerstone of any estate plan, but an ambiguous or poorly written will can lead to disagreements and ultimately legal disputes among your heirs. From the moment you begin creating your estate plan, I will ensure your last wishes are presented clearly, thoughtfully, and legally in whatever instruments and documents you choose.
Whether you need help drafting a will, setting up a living trust, or establishing a conservatorship, I have both the knowledge and experience to guide you through the process so that your final wishes are clear and will be upheld. I also represent Californians charged with administering estates.
Efficient probate of your loved one's estate
Certain assets have to go through probate in order to change title to your loved one's heirs. Probate involves appointing someone to represent the estate, dealing with creditors, providing an accounting and inventory, and getting the Probate Judge's permission to distribute assets. To correctly probate the estate, you will need to file the correct documents at each stage and typically appear at hearings before the Probate Judge. Having experienced legal help will get you through this process so that you can focus on grieving and your own life.
Clients seek my counsel on Estate Planning and Probate matters for a variety of reasons, but mainly because I provide:
- Detailed advice — I carefully evaluate your circumstances and goals before providing you with well-informed guidance on how to proceed.
- Personalized attention — I personally work alongside every client I represent. When you seek my counsel, I offer seasoned advice on all your options and direct you toward the most affordable means of resolving your legal matter.
- Compassionate representation — I understand that it can be difficult to consider one’s mortality, probate a loved one’s estate, or go through a divorce process, so I am committed to providing counsel that is both sound and sensitive to your situation.
California Attorney Guides You through the Family-Based Immigration Process
Gilliland Law explains the procedures and requirements that are involved with different forms of family-based immigration. In most cases, my clients are U.S. citizens or permanent residents who need to learn about the best ways to obtain U.S. entry or permanent residence for a relative: parent, spouse, fiancé or fiancée, son or daughter, brother or sister. I can help you understand what to expect and what needs to be done. I serve family, individual and business clients nationwide and around the world. My versatility and breadth of experience in U.S. immigration law represent a significant benefit for my clients.
During our initial consultation we can discuss your goals for the future and devise a unique estate plan that accurately reflects your final wishes.
Areas of Practice
Responsive lawyer represents San Diego and Riverside County clients
I advise clients in Carlsbad, Vista, Riverside, San Marcos, Oceanside, Fallbrook, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Escondido in the following matters:
- Wills and probate — My firm will help you draft a sound and comprehensive will that reflects your wishes and protects your heirs. I also assist executors and administrators in handling probate matters.
- Trusts and estates — I help clients create trusts that serve their particular goals and offer the benefit of bypassing probate.
- Conservatorships— If you have a loved one who no longer is able to make their own decisions or handle their financial affairs, I can help you through the process of getting a conservator appointed to help them.
- Guardianships — I help clients obtain obtain guardianships for a minor child and to obtain the proper findings for immigration matters for special immigrant juvenile status.
- Probate — I help clients efficiently go through the probate process for the decedent's estate.
- Family-Based Immigration — Whether its filing for an immediate relative, an adjustment of status, a fiancé, or obtaining a necessary waiver, I want your family to come together or stay together.
The decisions you make at these critical moments can affect your family for decades! With more than a twenty years of experience, I have the background and knowledge to help you keep your family together! I know how to craft a plan that truly reflects your goals and wishes and protects those you love.
Contact an experienced lawyer today
Gilliland Law represents clients with family based immigration maters such as applying for a green card, fiancé visas, naturalizations, waivers, and with probate, wills, trusts, and other estate planning matters in Carlsbad, Vista, Fallbrook, Bonsall, Oceanside, San Marcos, Escondido, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, and Riverside. To schedule a consultation call 760-203-3170 for our Carlsbad Office or for our Riverside Office your can call (760) 918-5630 or you can contact me online