About the Firm
Dedicated California Attorney Helps San Diego County and Riverside County Residents
Experienced estate planning guidance that protects your legacy and loved ones
No matter the size of your estate, it’s never too early or too late to create an estate plan. At Gilliland Law, with offices in Carlsbad and Riverside, I help California residents draft comprehensive estate plans, securing their assets and protecting their loved ones. A will is the cornerstone of any estate plan, but an ambiguous or poorly written will can lead to disagreements and ultimately legal disputes among your heirs. From the moment you begin creating your estate plan, I will ensure your last wishes are presented clearly, thoughtfully, and legally in whatever instruments and documents you choose.
Whether you need help drafting a will, setting up a living trust, or establishing a conservatorship, I have both the knowledge and experience to guide you through the process so that your final wishes are clear and will be upheld. I also represent Californians charged with administering estates.
Efficient probate of your loved one's estate
Certain assets have to go through probate in order to change title to your loved one's heirs. Probate involves appointing someone to represent the estate, dealing with creditors, providing an accounting and inventory, and getting the Probate Judge's permission to distribute assets. To correctly probate the estate, you will need to file the correct documents at each stage and typically appear at hearings before the Probate Judge. Having experienced legal help will get you through this process so that you can focus on grieving and your own life.
Clients seek my counsel on Estate Planning and Probate matters for a variety of reasons, but mainly because I provide:
- Detailed advice — I carefully evaluate your circumstances and goals before providing you with well-informed guidance on how to proceed.
- Personalized attention — I personally work alongside every client I represent. When you seek my counsel, I offer seasoned advice on all your options and direct you toward the most affordable means of resolving your legal matter.
- Compassionate representation — I understand that it can be difficult to consider one’s mortality, probate a loved one’s estate, or go through a divorce process, so I am committed to providing counsel that is both sound and sensitive to your situation.
during our initial consultation we can discuss your goals for the future and devise a unique estate plan that accurately reflects your final wishes.
Areas of Practice
Responsive lawyer represents San Diego and Riverside County clients
I advise clients in Carlsbad, Vista, Riverside, San Marcos, Oceanside, Fallbrook, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Escondido in the following matters:
- Wills and probate — My firm will help you draft a sound and comprehensive will that reflects your wishes and protects your heirs. I also assist executors and administrators in handling probate matters.
- Trusts and estates — I help clients create trusts that serve their particular goals and offer the benefit of bypassing probate.
- Conservatorships— If you have a loved one who no longer is able to make their own decisions or handle their financial affairs, I can help you through the process of getting a conservator appointed to help them.
- Probate — I help clients efficiently go through the probate process for the decedent's estate.
The decisions you make at these critical moments can affect loved ones for years to come. With more than a decade of experience, I have the background and knowledge to help you craft a plan that truly reflects your goals and wishes and protects those you love.
Contact an experienced estate planning lawyer today
Gilliland Law represents clients with probate, wills, trusts, and other estate planning matters in Carlsbad, Vista, Fallbrook, Bonsall, Oceanside, San Marcos, Escondido, Temecual, Murrieta, Menifee, and Riverside. To schedule a consultation call 951-394-7071 or contact me online